Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Interview At Dark Sky

I'm interviewed by Brad Green over at Dark Sky Magazine. He asks some thought-provoking questions about writing and literature, and I do my best to keep up.

You can read the interview here.

While you're over there check out the magazine and the books. I just finished reading Ethel Rohan's book of very short stories Cut Through The Bone. The stories are like a succession of perfectly executed jabs, crisp and stinging. It's definitely worth your time.

---

I hope to emerge from my self-imposed exile soon. These days every good idea I have finds its way into the novel, and I'm growing tired.

11 comments:

  1. Novel writing is a marathon. Drink plenty of fluids. And by fluid, I mean...well, you get the drift, I'm sure. Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brad. A marathon indeed. It seems I'm only keeping one of every three words I write, and even then the words are slow in coming.

    Hope all is well with you and that you're successful in finding a good home for The Ransomed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A novel is an endeavor requires tremendous effort, self discipline and headache. That's why I can't do it even if I'm good at words the way you are. I'm waiting to see the end product. Late is good, as I see it gives you more experience than while young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sarah. Yes, I'm getting accustomed to the effort and the headaches! As for experience, I agree that's one good thing that comes with age. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we're still here, waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hunter,

    Sorry to chime in so late. Congratulations on the interview and thanks so much for the kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed CTTB. Cheers and best of luck with your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Ethel. Thanks for stopping by! I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hunter. Congrats on the interview. Hope the novel is coming along nicely. I know it's tiresome. Perhaps shelve it for a couple of days? Go out, read, take your mind off it. You might find yourself refreshed and raring to go. Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: Forgot to say that i loved your flash fiction story 'Goodbye, Winona.' It was brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Lou. Thanks so much! I'm pretty close to a much-needed break. I'm nearing the end of the rewrite, so hopefully it'll just be tweaking before long.

    ReplyDelete